At our Rapid Access Addiction Medicine (RAAM) clinics, individuals who are struggling with substance dependency can get the help they need from trained professionals, including physicians and/or nurse practitioners, addiction counsellors and peer support workers with lived experience.
About the RAAM
- self-referrals and walk-ins are welcome
- health-care providers can refer to the RAAM
- Medical services are paid for by OHIP
- Supports available to those who may need to obtain an Ontario Health Card
- For people of all ages, including youth
- Assessment of substance-use concerns
- Review of treatment options including harm reduction and abstinence
- Education and medical support related to withdrawal
- Brief individual counselling and peer support
- Education on overdose prevention and the use of naloxone
- Referral to longer-term supports for ongoing care
- Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic, 13 Water Street North (rear entrance), Cambridge
- Hours of Operation: Mondays and Fridays, 9am to 3pm.
- Kitchener, Grand River Hospital
- 850 King Street West, Kitchener
- Hours of Operation: Monday, 9am to 3pm
- Kitchener, Duke Street Clinic
- 150 Duke Street West (Upper Level), Kitchener
- Hours of Operation: Wednesday, 9am to 3pm.
First appointments are provided on a walk-in basis Arriving earlier in the day is recommended due to high patient volume. Clinics are closed on statutory holidays.
For more information, call: 519-957-5000 or email email@example.com.