We are stronger together. You can make a difference.
House of Friendship has a long history of engaged and innovative volunteers who are invested in meeting the needs in our community. Volunteers support and strengthen programs across the entire organization, walking with people who need food, housing, community resources and addiction treatment. Volunteers are vital in fulfilling our vision.
There are many ways that you can get involved. The choice is yours!
Volunteer in one of our programs to support families and individuals in their time of need.
Group Opportunities and Special Events
Volunteer as a group at one of our special events.
Volunteer with House of Friendship to complete your required student placement hours.
We are looking for volunteers to support various program areas.
- At Kingsdale Community Centre, we are looking for volunteers who are available on Mondays to bake and prepare snacks for the programs that week.
- Also at Kingsdale Community Centre, we are looking for a volunteer on Tuesday mornings to deliver food hampers to those how are homebound.
- Working at Chandler Mowat Community Centre, we are looking for help with our kids garden program. This is a great opportunity for youth to get involved!
- We have various daytime, weekday shifts available to pack food hampers for people in our community who are accessing our Emergency Food Hamper program.
- Our Addictions program is looking for a few health and wellness volunteers. We are looking for someone who teaches yoga or personal training, that could come into our Residential addiction treatment program once a month.
- Finally our Intensive Day Treatment program is looking for a Lived Experience Guest speaker. The volunteer is required to have lived experience with substance use and has been maintaining abstinence for at least a year.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities please apply NOW to volunteer. When you are completing your application, please reference the volunteer position you are interested in. We look forward to working with you!
Questions About Volunteering?
Please contact our Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or 519-742-8327 x 136.
When you have been requested to by House of Friendship Staff, please upload your COVID 19 Vaccination documents here
- FORM 13.1 Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Status Disclosure Form, and
- One of the following:
a) Proof Full Vaccination, or
b) FORM 13.2 COVID-19 Medical Exemption Form, or
c) FORM 13.3 COVID-19 Request Under Human Rights Code